This discussion of Cycle End processing also considers the following subtopics: Processing multiple files Using ftp Summarization utility Historical files Using Windows Script Host (WSH) scripts At the end of each collection cycle, the Collection service closes the current collection file to make it available for processing. The end of a cycle normally is used […]
Performance Sentry data files are ASCII text files, comma delimited by default, in an open, documented format that can be easily read in almost any application. To make it easy for third party products to process our data, we developed a self-defining file format. At the start of each file, we write Configuration records and […]
- Windows Performance and Capacity Planning Challenges in Virtualized Environments
- How does the Performance Sentry collection service work?
- What is the minimum sampling period for Performance Sentry?
- “Have you ever wondered how to determine the logical disk size looking at Performance Monitor performance metrics?”
- What is the meaning of the message “Insufficient data in performance name table” in the NTSMF.LOG File?